Dynamic disabling of xsl:evaluate
(1) Setting the configuration property
Feature.DISABLE_XSL_EVALUATE does not work. It says the property is not recognised.
(2) The specification says that when
xsl:evaluate is dynamically disabled, any
xsl:fallback child instructions should be evaluated. We do not have the capability to do this, because
xsl:fallback instructions are discarded at compile time.
(3) The result of
system-property("xsl:supports-dynamic-evaluation") does not take into account whether or not xsl:evaluate has been disabled.
(4) Under Saxon-HE, xsl:evaluate is always statically disabled, so xsl:fallback should take effect, but this is not happening
(5) Under Saxon-PE/EE, if xsl:evaluate is statically disabled by setting a configuration property (or by running without a license), xsl:fallback should take effect, but this is not happening, even with JIT compilation of template rules disabled
Updated by Michael Kay over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Applies to branch 9.8, 9.9 added
- Fix Committed on Branch 9.8, 9.9 added
Patch committed for 9.8 and 9.9, with new unit tests.
For 9.8, I have not attempted to fix problem (2) (executing xsl:fallback when xsl:evaluate is dynamically evaluated) because the change is fairly disruptive.
Please register to edit this issue