Project

Profile

Help

Bug #5002

Catalog issue in SAXON-HE 9.8.0.14J

Added by Rajko Furlan 24 days ago. Updated 23 days ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Low
Category:
-
Sprint/Milestone:
-
Start date:
2021-05-26
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Legacy ID:
Applies to branch:
Fix Committed on Branch:
Fixed in Maintenance Release:

Description

This is probably not a bug, but it may still be worth investigating. For some reason I get "Transformation failed: Catalog file not found: ..." when executing SAXON-HE 9.8.0.14J from command line. The very same command line works fine with SAXON 9.5.1.4 (an HE), SAXON-PE 9.7.0.15J and Saxon-PE 9.9.1.8J (didn't test other versions).

The command line is as follows: java -cp "D:\Utilities\SaxonHE-9.8.0.14\saxon9he.jar;D:\Utilities\SaxonHE-9.8.0.14\resolver.jar;xsl\xsltextfunctions.jar" net.sf.saxon.Transform -init:com.mekon.xslt.extension.functions.Initializer -s:"in-test\test.ditamap" -xsl:"xsl\postprocess.xsl" -o:"out-test\test.ditamap" -catalog:"D:\ABC\DOT\dot-3.3.1_adi\plugins\com.analog.dita13.dtd\catalog.xml;D:\ABC\DOT\dot-3.3.1_adi\plugins\org.oasis-open.dita.v1_3\dtd\base\catalog.xml"

If I change SaxonHE-9.8.0.14 folder to SaxonHE-9.5.1.4, SaxonPE-9.7.0.15 or SaxonPE-9.9.1.8 (and, of course, I change saxon9he.jar to saxon9pe.jar for PE folders), they all work. The same resolver.jar is present in all Saxon folders.

Any ideas of why SAXON-HE 9.8.0.14J is reporting this issue while other saxon versions work fine?

History

#1 Updated by Michael Kay 24 days ago

  • Assignee set to Norm Tovey-Walsh

We'll take a look at it, but please note that we're very unlikely to fix any bugs found in the 9.8 branch at this stage of its life unless it's an absolute show-stopper for a paying customer.

#2 Updated by Rajko Furlan 24 days ago

Of course, it's not a problem. I'm mostly curious whether there's a work-around. And even if there isn't our customer will just have to switch to a PE (or to a newer version of the HE, provided they don't have the same issue).

#3 Updated by Air Quick 24 days ago

9.8.0.14 has a bug in handling a list of catalog files separated by semicolons: #3935

#4 Updated by Rajko Furlan 23 days ago

Thank you very much, I've just created a catalog which includes the two catalogs and it works fine.

Please register to edit this issue

Also available in: Atom PDF