PHP Windows builds required for the different compiler versions
Bug reported by Vasil Rangelov,
I've tried all of the combos with this DDL, and sadly, it's only
useful for PHP 5.4.* TS VC9 x86 builds, and nothing else (that is,
other combos don't even register at phpinfo()).
The necessary binaries for addressing all common Windows PHP setups would be:
PHP 5.4 TS VC9
PHP 5.4 NTS VC9
PHP 5.5 TS VC11
PHP 5.5 NTS VC11
I also tested PHP 5.3 (N)TS VC9 x86, and that too doesn't work. While
I see no reason not to also make PHP 5.3 VC9 (N)TS binaries, the PHP
5.3 is now in "security fixes only" mode, soon to be completely
EOL-ed, so IMHO, it's OK to not have it... it would hopefully
encourage more people to upgrade.
#2 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 3 years ago
Asked on PHP internals on the best way to build Saxon-C on windows:
recommended not to use VS but for debugging.
copy it to the ../pecl/ directory, run buildconf etc.
You can use phpize too if your exts do not have dependencies against
The process is also described in the wiki
I also try currently to port over this extension to windows:
My progress is not bad...i think there are some incompabilities left between the versions.....but there are no error messages left at compile ...so its hard to figure out:-/
the bad things
- there is no real documentation about config.w32 (i've gone through pecl packages and ported my code from there
- at least i didnt found one...
- what are the parameters for functions like EXTENSION CHECK_LIB() CHECK_HEADER_ADD_INCLUDE().....??
- i guess them currently with the usage in the different pecl packages....
- what kind of functions are available in config.w32?
- the binarys-tools are from 2011...no vc11 folder is created. http://windows.php.net/downloads/php-sdk/
- in the package i have some lib dependencies -> they must be in the deps/bin folder
- how can i change the source path? only with "--with-extra-libs" ?
- there is the CHECK_LIB() function -> but why the lib is not taken from there, instead of the deps/bin folder?
Please register to edit this issue