Project

Profile

Help

Bug #2253

Saxon HE 9.6.0.2 with -xmlversion:1.1 reports Unrecognized version 1.1: treated as 1.0

Added by Stepan RYBAR over 6 years ago. Updated over 5 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Internals
Sprint/Milestone:
Start date:
2014-12-10
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Legacy ID:
Applies to branch:
9.6
Fix Committed on Branch:
9.6
Fixed in Maintenance Release:

Description

Good morning,

I switched from Saxon HE 9.5.0.5 to 9.6.0.2 and the same input XML and the same transformation XSL-T ended with the message "Unrecognized version 1.1: treated as 1.0". Can I ask You for explanation? Does it mean, that 9.6.0.2 does not support xml 1.1 or in some other way? See attached XML, XSL-T and script with the result. The problem can be seen on lines 41 and 42. Commands are on lines 3 and 4.

My XSL-T uses special characters hexadecimal 1F and 1E and I created XSL-T based of Your hint on StackOverflow [[http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25669441/how-to-put-into-the-csv-text-output-of-xsl-t-2-0-transformation-xml-illegal-ch]].

Thank You in advance for Your answer, Stepan

error.txt (3.18 KB) error.txt Stepan RYBAR, 2014-12-10 09:12
xml2csv.xsl (6.13 KB) xml2csv.xsl Stepan RYBAR, 2014-12-10 09:12

History

#1 Updated by Michael Kay over 6 years ago

Initial response: Looks like a bug: the version attribute of xsl:output is being validated using code designed for the generic version attribute available on all XSLT elements, but the one on xsl:output needs special treatment. However, it's only a warning and (I think) can be safely ignored.

#2 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Assignee set to O'Neil Delpratt
  • Priority changed from Low to Normal

#3 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 6 years ago

  • Tracker changed from Support to Bug
  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
  • Found in version set to 9.6

Bug fixed and committed to subversion. The fix was suggested in comment #1 was to special case the version attribute method in the XSLOutput class.

The patch will be available in the next maintenance release.

#4 Updated by Community Admin over 6 years ago

  • File deleted (out.xml)

#5 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 6 years ago

  • Category set to Internals

#6 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 6 years ago

A revised patch has been committed to the XSLOutput class. The problem was the version variable from XSLOutput class was incorrectly set. It should have been the variable from its parent class.

#7 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 6 years ago

Bug fix applied in the Saxon 9.7 branch.

#8 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 6 years ago

  • Fixed in version set to 9.6.0.4

Bug fix applied in the Saxon 9.6.0.4 maintenance release.

#9 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

#10 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 5 years ago

  • Sprint/Milestone set to 9.6.0.4
  • Applies to branch 9.6 added
  • Fix Committed on Branch 9.6 added
  • Fixed in Maintenance Release 9.6.0.4 added

#11 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 5 years ago

  • Sprint/Milestone changed from 9.6.0.4 to 9.6.0.3
  • Fixed in Maintenance Release 9.6.0.3 added
  • Fixed in Maintenance Release deleted (9.6.0.4)

#12 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt over 5 years ago

  • Sprint/Milestone changed from 9.6.0.3 to 9.6.0.4
  • Fixed in Maintenance Release 9.6.0.4 added
  • Fixed in Maintenance Release deleted (9.6.0.3)

Please register to edit this issue

Also available in: Atom PDF