Saxon v188.8.131.52 Still Yields "URI has an authority component" Exceptionwhen using UNC paths
Good Day Support,
I expected this issue to be addressed in the 184.108.40.206 maintenance release as told by Michael. However I did not see anything addressing this issue in the release notes and the issue is persisted in v220.127.116.11.
#2 Updated by Michael Kay about 1 year ago
I have re-read the long and complex thread for the previous bugs. Clearly we need to start again. It appears we fixed the test case that we were using, which must have differed in some material respect from your test case, so I think it would be useful if you can describe precisely what you are doing and how it fails, so that we can produce a test case that resembles your situation more closely. Please be as specific as possible, including giving all relevant software versions.
#7 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt about 1 year ago
We have tried the following query:
And it returns true.
We also noticed that if we append
file: to the filename:
file:exists('file://server/xmark/filename.xml') this returns false. This is expected because file:exists expects a filename not a URI. We need to understand what you are doing and how it fails.
#10 Updated by O'Neil Delpratt about 1 year ago
Please ignore comment 9 as I had a typo in my filename. Using the XPath API (should work similar with the XSLT API) the following works for me:
Processor p = new Processor(true); XPathCompiler c = p.NewXPathCompiler(); c.XPathLanguageVersion = ("3.1"); c.DeclareNamespace("file","http://expath.org/ns/file"); XPathExecutable e = c.Compile("file:exists('//server/xmark/doc.xml')"); XPathSelector s = e.Load(); bool result = s.EffectiveBooleanValue();
Please can you send us a small program which we can run at our end to reproducible the
exists function failing in the way you have described.
Please register to edit this issue